Buying or Selling a home?
It pays to work with a Realtor®
What is a Realtor® and why should I use one.
Only real estate professionals who are members of the National Association of Realtors® (NAR) can call themselves REALTORS®. All REALTORS® adhere to NAR’s strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That’s why all real estate licensees and NOT the same. Dedicated to serving the America’s property owners at both local and national levels, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, The Voice for Real Estate, is the largest professional association at over 900,000 members strong. So whether you’re buying or selling a home – it pays to work with a REALTOR®. Look for the REALTOR® logo when choosing your real estate agent.
What Do Recent Home Buyers and Sellers Say About REALTORS®?
The 2003 NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers provides research results on the experiences home buyers and sellers had when purchasing or selling their home. The majority of the respondents used a REALTOR® (a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®). Here’s what they had to say:
- Sixty-two percent of sellers reported that an agent’s reputation was the most important factor in their selection process.
- More than four out of five homeowners sold their previous home with the assistance of a real estate agent.
- The top three home seller expectations of real estate agents are 1) find a buyer for my home (27%); 2)sell my home within a specific timeframe (27%); 3) properly price my home (25%).
- Seventy percent of respondents would use the same listing agent for their next home sale.
- Fifty-seven percent of home buyers reported that the most important service provided by a real estate agent is helping them find the right home.
- Nearly 86% of home buyers used a real estate agent as a important information source and to assist in the transaction.
- Seventy-five percent of home buyers used a real estate agent and/or broker to complete their transaction.
The Code of Ethics:
A Commitment to the Public
The Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® is the promise to the public that when dealing with a real estate agent that is a REALTOR®, they can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. Only REALTORS® pledge to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics and only REALTORS® are held accountable for their ethical behavior.
Some of the basic principles of the Code of Ethics include:
- Protect and promote your client’s interest, but be honest with all parties.
- Avoid exaggeration, misrepresentation, and concealment of pertinent facts. To not reveal facts that are confidential under the scope of your agency relationship.
- Disclose present or contemplated interest in any property to all parties.
- Avoid side deals without your client’s informed consent.
- Keep the funds of clients and customers in escrow.
- Assure, whenever possible, that transactional details are in writing.
- Provide equal service to all clients and customers.
- Be knowledgeable and competent in the fields of practice in which you ordinarily engage. Obtain assistance or disclose lack of experience if necessary.
- Do not engage in the unauthorized practice of law.
REALTORS® provide sellers invaluable services, and there are many reasons to work with one. A REALTOR®:
- Can give you up-to-date information about the market, prices, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties.
- Will market you property to other real estate agents and to the public.
- Will know when, where and how to best market your property.
- Can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Can help close the sale of your home.
REALTORS® provide critical assistance with the home buying process. A REALTOR®:
- Has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Can provide objective information about each property.
- Can help you negotiate.
- Can help you determine your buying power.
- Provide guidance during the evaluation of the property.
- Can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
Make the right choice – work with a REALTOR®.
Contact me Today!
James Bowman Realty, Inc.